Common strands of e-ndeavour
Personal Learning Network" (PLN).
So what do you have in common with the other organisations in the North-West e-mentor projects?
There are some clear strands emerging from our discussions with the e-leaders and e-participants at each of the 11 sites we have visited in the last month. We thought we would summarise these with you and perhaps feature one or two sites as a case study to show similarities in scope, progress and constraints.
Develop a staff communication and networking hub
- AMCS: using a combination of Google sites. docs and possibly Moodle;
- CNLC: build on Staffroom wiki from 2010 by integrating Google docs and calendar;
- Carringbush: a staff wiki to build skills and eventually store teaching resources;
- Djerriwarrh: investigate capacity of Sharepoint to have a wiki interface for communication hub;
- Laverton: a staff wiki for networking and building e-skills;
- Nillumbik: ditto
- SPAN: a wiki for collaboratively developing policy, principally for manager and Board members;
- Wingate: a staff wiki as a repository for e-resources developed for the classroom;
- Yarraville: ditto
Develop e-resources for the language and literacy classroom
- CNLC: students' wiki is a repository for work (links and embedded media) and a place to display students' audio / video recordings;
- Carringbush: wish to enhance worksheets with screenshots and use of Powerpoint;
- Lalor: develop a Powerpoint resource to assist first time ESL users in the computer room;
- Wingate: explore Hot Potatoes and develop resources for low-level ESL learners
Develop distance education components for vocational courses
- Djerriwarrh: investigate Moodle for Discussion forum component to complement the Didasko resources for Hospitality units;
- Meadow Heights: investigate integrating e-learning into Cert 3 in Business;
- Wingate: adapt existing resources developed for a Smartboard at another location
- Laverton are considering developing a video induction resource for new staff
- AMCS: would like to add a Q and A interactive forum to their website for prospective students
Have we summarised your goals accurately? Have we left out anything important? Let us know in the Comments below.